My Photo
Name:
Location: Weston, FL - Florida, United States

Originally from New Jersey, I'm the owner of the editing company Book Magic. My team and I provide manuscript evaluations, proofreading, and copyediting and are located in Florida. I'm also the author of three books. Contact me at sigridmac13@hotmail.com

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Peter Nixon calls this the best book out there!

A great book on Total Hip Replacement, December 29, 2004

Reviewer: Peter Nixon from Canada

I read this book 9 months after having simultaneous bilateral total hip replacements. In my opinion, it is the best book out there that documents what those in need of a total hip replacement are experiencing, from the onset of the symptoms of hip pain, to the procedure itself, and through the recovery process. I wish I had known about this book prior to my surgery, and during my recovery.

Most helpful to me was the point that was made that there is no "gold standard" for recovery, and that, while all patients will experience much of the same in terms of the recovery process, we will all require different amounts of time to recover. The book is an easy, fun read. I was constantly reminded of events that I had experienced over the previous 3 or 4 years, preop and postop. At the time I would wonder if I was the only person to have had those feelings. It was great comfort to me to know that my experience was not so out of the ordinary as I had once thought. Two thumbs up!!.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home