My Photo
Name:
Location: Weston, FL - Florida, United States

Originally from New Jersey, I'm the owner of the editing company Book Magic. My team and I provide manuscript evaluations, proofreading, and copyediting and are located in Florida. I'm also the author of three books. Contact me at sigridmac13@hotmail.com

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Getting hip in Norway

I am a 40 year old woman living in Norway. I had my first hip surgery 14 years ago. I had bilateral surgery called "Salters Osteotomi", but I still had some pain in my right hip after the surgery. As time went by(?) I got more and more pain. To make a long story short I had a new surgery four weeks ago:"Birmingham hip resurface".

I always felt a bit alone concerning my hip-problems. Some days before my last surgery I found the book "Getting hip" at the internet. As sone as I was able to (some weeks after the surgery) I started to read it. I am not used to read books in English, but this book I just had to read!

Reading the book "Getting hip" made me more confident in a way. The history of Sigrid and my own hip history is different in many ways, but we also have a lot in common. After reading the book I felt I got more perspective on my own situation.

My 15 years old daughter read some of the book while I stayed at the hospital. I guess she was a bit more prepared getting her mother home from hospital. When she vistited me at the hopital she was a bit proud telling me things from the book.

I've two kids (age 5 and 15). The oldest girl was 1-3 years old last time I had hip surgeries. The only thing I miss in Sigrids book is someone telling about having smal children/hip problems. Its a challenge!

I gave the book five stars. I think It would be nice to have a book like this in an Scandinavian language (Norwegian, Danish or Sweedish)

Norway, 17.dec 04

Inger





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home